Sunday, October 12, 2008

Booster Seat & Thanksgiving Prep

Daddy's girls! A mile from our house there is a little shopping village (actually called Country Village) that has a bunch of quaint little furniture stores, craft stores, tea rooms, and a great bridal shop (so I'm told). It's basically a guy's worst nightmare on Sunday afternoon.

It's tough to miss as there is a 40 foot chicken that guards the entrance. As Calie pointed out, you know you've moved out of the city when directions to your house include "turn right after you pass the big chicken". I'm never at risk of missing it as every time we pass it (which is often as it's on the way to I-405) Audrey screams out "BU-KAWWWW!!!!!".

The train ride is a must when we go to "The Village". Of course, out of all the "open air" options for train cars, Audrey has to be in the caboose. While I look comfortable, it's an extremely bumpy ride once we hit the trail. At least seventeen times (the number of head bumps I experienced) I realized that the caboose is not the equivalent of first class on Alaska.

Angie threw a little Labor Day get together at the lake. It's great that the kids are old enough to enjoy popsicles and fun in the sun.

Our little girl has graduated to a booster seat. And we were actually worried she might not like it.

Sam is not shy with the smiles. He's such a good kid. Why doesn't he sleep?

The Disney princess addiction is still going strong. Though I think we are on track to be a butterfly for Halloween so perhaps it's waning?

Are we at the age where we can work some chores into the mix? This is a great photo. However, the better photo would have been 3 minutes after as we were trying to get the hose back from her. Nothing says super-soaker like a 3 year old with a live hose!

My ladies about to hit the town. Or the village . . . . Country Village . . . . BU-KAWWWW!!!!
Sammy getting ready for Halloween. Very scary Sam, very scary.
Audrey is already working on her Thanksgiving form. I'm always surprised at the things kids will and won't eat. I wouldn't think olives would make the cut, perhaps it's the fun factor?

"My sister is amazing! I don't know what Thanksgiving is, but I'm on board! Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee one of those olives!".

No comments: