Friday, June 5, 2009

Are we friends yet?

Something clicked with Audrey in May and she began . . . well . . . I won't go so far as saying she began playing with Sam, but more along the lines of Lisa and I didn't have to fear so much for Sam's safety at all times.

I mean in the photo above, you could argue that she is downright affectionate . . . unless you view those hands as poised for a back jolting push.

I can't even argue that this photo shows anything but unconditional love of a younger sibling. Almost "Don't worry about a thing Sammy, I've got your back in life".

"Uh-oh Sammy, stay with me . . . I'm not losing this photo shoot because you can't quite stay upright at all times . . . stay with me Sam . . . stay with me . . . "

" . . . and you're on your own kid, I'm not losing this chance to model the new suit".

Sam is full on walking everywhere he goes now. His head is always on a swivel trying to locate Audrey. He's like to moth to a flame with her, however, as soon as he approaches her, his eyes do the fluttering blink as he never quite knows if he is going to get the hammer or a kiss.

While you love your kids the same (it really is a baffling feeling of balance), you can't help but compare them. Sam is full of smiles for all his photos while Audrey was always quite serious in front of a camera. I will say "boy genius" above however doesn't seem quite as observant as Audrey at that age. Come on Sam, show some self awareness!

No comments: