Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Turning 5 & Kindergarten Prep

It seems like popular sentiment is that you remember the early years with your kids and then once they start school the years fly by. I don't know about Lisa, but I will say the first 5 years of Audrey's life have felt like 15! I love her more than anything (except you Sam, that's equal), but it truly is hard to remember life before the first. Happy 5th kiddo!

It was very sweet to see how organized and (dare I say) fair 5 year old girls are. When Audrey was opening a present, whoever the "giver" was got to sit next to her on the chair. This was a routine the girls decided upon on their own. Well done ladies.


The 2 boys in attendance decided it was much more appropriate to go upstairs and trash the play room while the parents were occupied.

When the party wound down, Sam still had a little energy so we put him inside the 90+ degree bouncy house for a little soccer session. That should do the trick.


5 minutes later he was looking a little haggard. Come on kid, let's get you some water!

While it wasn't a gift, Audrey has taken full responsibility in caring for her Chia pet. I mean, look at the proper hair cutting technique. Tauna, save her a chair at the salon!

Kenmore does a free summer concert series at St. Edward's Park. It really is a great setting with the old monestary in the background. Sam looked like a regular, which he now is. The line-up tends to be your typical bluegrass/folk/bluesy/country genre. It reminded me of the multiple Peter, Paul, & Mary concerts my mom drug me to as a child. It all comes around baby!


Since school officially starts September 1st, you'll have to wait until next month to see the 1st day of kindergarten photos. However, here's a sneak peek of the open house. Luckily Audrey is one of those kids that isn't afraid of anything (social that is). She reminds me so much of my sister in that way. I honestly can't remember the last time I was worried about her refusing to try new things.

It helps when one of your Pre-K best friends is going to be in your class. I think the quote from both was "look dad, there's no seat belt!".

Mom and dad even got to climb on board. I tried to hold Lisa's hand . . . which was promptly slapped away . . . "Tony, the children!".
While Sam is still 3 years away from kindergarten, there are moments when we think he has shed the knuckle-head knickname.
And then he reminds us, as shown in the video below, that there is still much development ahead before he's ready for the real world. Hang in there buddy.


No comments: